Residential Burn Permit Access and Fire Danger for Jurisdictions
|Burn Area||Danger Level||Burn Permits Allowed?||Already have a permit?|
|Prescott||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Prescott Valley||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Chino Valley||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Paulden||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Dewey||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Humbolt||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Iron Springs||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Groom Creek||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
|Williamson Valley||high||Burning Suspended||do not burn|
This process issues burn permits, which are valid for 30 days, for addresses served by the Prescott Fire Department, Central Yavapai Fire District, Chino Valley Fire District, Groom Creek Fire District, Williamson Valley Fire District and Walker Fire Protection Association ONLY.
Please reference the table above to see if burn permits are being issued for your area.
- Click the Apply for Permit link above (only visible if burning is allowed) to apply for a permit.
- You will receive an email with your permit information.
- When you are ready to burn return to this page and click the Start/Stop Burn link (only visible if burning is allowed) for your area to file your permit as actively burning.
- Once the burn is completed, please mark the burn as finished by clicking the Start/Stop link again and marking the burn as stopped.
You may apply for a burn permit in one of three ways:
- In person at any Fire Admin office or closest fire station, or
- By calling your local Fire Admin office,
- Central Yavapai Fire Department 928-772-7711
- Chino Valley Fire Department 928-636-2442
- Prescott Fire Department 928-777-1700
- Groom Creek Fire Department 928-778-6519
- Williamson Valley Fire Department 928-717-2304
Contractor's Commercial Burn Permits
- City of Prescott
Prevention office at 1700 Iron Springs Road, Prescott, AZ 86305 928-777-1760
- Central Yavapai Fire District
Prevention office at 8555 E Yavapai Road, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 928-759-9933