Recruiting New Fire Auxiliary Volunteers to form Community Services Unit
The City of Prescott is recruiting volunteers to serve as auxiliary fire personnel within a newly established Community Services Unit (CSU) of the Prescott Fire Department. The CSU members will perform routine, non-emergency services such as smoke alarm installation, fire inspections, and pre-incident fire planning. Members may also conduct quality assurance/improvement reviews for emergency medical services. More detailed information about applicant requirements is available in the linked document. For more information, the Prescott Fire Department is hosting an Open House on Thursday, August 4, at 5:30pm, at Fire Station 71, 333 White Spar Road.
Stage I Fire Restrictions:
- NO Burn Permits will be issued
- Use of model rockets is PROHIBITED
- Use of fireworks and other pyrotechnic displays are PROHIBITED except by commercial special events permit
- NO smoking outside of vehicles, outside of residential yards, or outside of designated smoking areas
- Cooking, warming, or camp fires ARE still ALLOWED at single and multi-family residences and Town parks (where approved) but MUST BE attended at all times