City of Prescott Transfer Station to be Closed Saturday, February 22
The City’s Transfer Station located at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road will be temporarily closed for repairs Saturday, February 22nd. The Transfer Station will re-open on Monday, February 24th from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m. Household and business collection schedules will not be disrupted during this period. For information on alternative disposal sites, contact the Solid Waste Division at 928-777-1116.
The City of Prescott Transfer Station is located at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road, just north of Prescott Lakes Parkway, off Highway 89 and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Items accepted include: household garbage, construction debris, brush, furniture, appliances, yard waste. Items that are NOT accepted at the Transfer Station include: tires; household hazardous waste (pesticides, turpentine, etc.); paint; anything containing asbestos; appliances that contain CFC’s (Freon) unless accompanied by certificate from a licensed professional that the Freon has been evacuated; car batteries; any toxic or hazardous material. For any questions regarding the Transfer Station please call 928-777-1116.
Transfer Station Fees
Prices at the Transfer Station are calculated by the weight of the items disposed of.
We accept the following forms of payment: cash, check and credit cards.
- – All vehicles: Solid Waste – $69.00/ton – $11.00 minimum
- – All vehicles: Clean Brush – $59.00/ton – $7.00 minimum
- – Clean inert debris (concrete, asphalt, dirt, rock) can be disposed of for $20.00/ton
- – Used motor oil (5 gallon max), antifreeze (5 gallon max), and cooking oil (5 gallon max) in original container accepted at no charge for recycling from individuals- no businesses
- – Electronics, such as audio visual equipment, Laptops (no batteries) and computer components, Flat Screen TV’s and monitors may be accepted for recycling inside the facility, at no charge
- – Tires can be disposed of at the Yavapai County Tire Yard that is located just south of the Transfer Station. The first five passenger tires per year are free. There is a charge for additional tires or heavier tires. For more information please call Yavapai County Public Works at 928-771-3183.
- – The Prescott City Code requires that any load coming into the Transfer Station be contained and covered.