City of Prescott Transfer Station to be Closed Saturday, February 22
The City’s Transfer Station located at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road will be temporarily closed for repairs Saturday, February 22nd. The Transfer Station will re-open on Monday, February 24th from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m. Household and business collection schedules will not be disrupted during this period. For information on alternative disposal sites, contact the Solid Waste Division at 928-777-1116.
Spring Bulk Item Collection
The City of Prescott Solid Waste Division will provide a residential cleanup to help households dispose of bulky items that do not fit in a trash cart. ‘Bulky items’ are large household items such as mattresses, couches, and other furniture
City crews will pass through neighborhoods one time only, and the route will be completed by Friday each week.
The following dates are for the Spring Bulk Item Collection:
- Monday Collection Route starts March 30th*
- Tuesday Collection Route starts April 6th*
- Wednesday Collection Route starts April 13th*
- Thursday Collection Route starts April 20th*
- Friday Collection Route starts April 27th*
*All items must be placed on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of your collection week.
What items are acceptable?
- BBQ Grills (no propane)
- Furniture (tables, chairs, couches, etc.)
- Leaves, Small yard debris must be bagged or boxed
- Branches, limbs must be cut to four foot (4’) lengths and tied.
- Appliances containing, or which have contained, CFC’s (Freon) must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC’s have been evacuated.
- No contractor or demolition debris will be collected.
What items are not acceptable?
- Propane Tanks
- Auto batteries
- Hazardous Waste
- Concrete, blocks, brick, asphalt, stone or dirt
Please call the Solid Waste Division at 928-777-1116 if you have questions.