Hire an Off Duty Police Officer
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Prescott Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective March 2, 2020.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers for security through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Organizations that have recurring needs for off-duty officers can establish an account and schedule billing cycles with off-duty management.
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
- Representatives will not be approved for outside employment when in conflict with Prescott Police Department policies and procedures.
- Representatives will not work off-duty under the following circumstances:
- Where the employer is involved in a labor or civil rights dispute
- Where the employer restricts the representative in any way from performing the duty of a law enforcement representative.
- Where the employer requires a uniformed representative to perform non-law enforcement tasks.
- For private police or security agencies.
- Private investigative work. o Outside the city in the capacity of a law enforcement representative (unless authorized by the Police Chief).
- At any location where the employer will not hire an adequate number of representatives to handle the situation safely. o In any capacity for an establishment featuring an “nc-17″ or ” x ” rated film. o When the representative would be involved in pictures or advertising and endorsing commercial products while he is identified as a Prescott Police Department representative.
- At any location if the reputation of the agency would suffer by having a representative working there.
- Representatives will function only in a law enforcement capacity and not enforce employer rules, regulations or policies.
- Enforcement actions will only be taken on law violations
*PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
|Title||Total Hourly Rate|
YOU CAN REQUEST SERVICE OR OBTAIN A QUOTE THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- VISIT OFFICERTRAK® WEBSITE
- CALL OFF DUTY MANAGEMENT 24/7 TOLL-FREE AT 1-877-636-8300