The City of Prescott Recreation Services Department is proud to offer Senior Tournaments for Women’s Softball and Men’s, Women’s and Coed Volleyball. The Senior tournaments are offered to participants 50 years and older (as of December 31 of the calendar year). Registration entry forms will be available at the Recreation Services office, located at 824 E. Gurley St., Prescott, AZ 86301 or click on the link below. Please call 928-777-1552 for more information.
2019 Senior Women Summer Softball Smash- August 2-4, 2019
- Ages 60 and up will play Friday August 2, Saturday, August 3 and Sunday, August 4, 2019
- Ages 50 and 55 will play Saturday, August 3 and Sunday August 4, 2019
- Format will be a 5 Game Guarantee.
- 50’s team will be allowed a maximum of 2 players aged 49 (must turn 49 by December 31, 2019); 55’s team will be allowed a maximum of 2 players aged 54 (must turn 54 by December 31, 2019); 60’s team will be allowed a maximum of 2 players aged 59 (must turn 59 by December 31, 2019); 65’s team will be allowed a maximum of 2 players aged 64 (must turn 64 by December 31, 2019); 70’s teams will be allowed a maximum of 1 player aged 68, and 2 players aged 69 (must turn 68 or 69 by December 31, 2019)
- 2019 Softball Registration Form (Must be received no later than Monday, July 15)
2019 Senior Games Volleyball- August 17-18, 2019
The senior volleyball community in Prescott, AZ will again sponsor the “Prescott Senior Games” in 2019. These Games will be comprised of the three following tournaments:
Saturday, August 17th: Men’s at Prescott HS, 1050 Ruth St, Prescott 86301 Expected maximum of 12 teams
Saturday, August 17th: Women’s at Yavapai College,1100 E Sheldon, Prescott 86301 Expected maximum of 10 teams
Sunday, August 18th: COED at Prescott HS and Yavapai College
Expected maximum of 12 teams (PHS) and 10 teams (YC)
The gyms will open at 7:30 am, and play will begin at 8:30 am. In each tournament, we will offer five-year age divisions beginning with age 50, and awards will be given to teams finishing in first, second and third within their age divisions. There will be round-robin play in the mornings to determine seeding for the tournaments in the afternoons. All teams will provide two line judges and two scorekeepers during their non-playing times.
Registration forms and further information will be distributed in early May. We will accept registrations until July 12th or until the above maxima have been reached.
As in past years, all participants will be given a light breakfast, substantial lunch, and drinks/snacks throughout the day.
To assist players in finding teams and captains in finding players, we will offer an email-based matching program which we expect to operate through most of the registration period.
Please contact the following if you have questions about these tournaments:
Patty Enders—Email: email@example.com, Phone: 928-443-5821
Lisa Roberts—Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 928-308-5490
Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express may offer “special rates”. If interested, call Betty at (928) 443-5500.