Prescott Circle Trail
- No Parking Fee
- 56 miles
- 5160' (low) to 6680' (high)
- View Map
The Prescott Circle Trail is a network of our best non-motorized trails that combine to make a 56 mile loop around Prescott . The PCT is jointly managed by the City of Prescott (25 miles) and Prescott National Forest (31 miles). The trail comes as close as three miles to downtown Prescott and is easily accessible with 15 trailheads along its length. A lap of the PCT has about 6000 feet of elevation gain and can be enjoyed as an adventurous one or two day trip or a multi-day trip over a period of days, weeks or months. Three of Prescott’s four seasons – spring,summer,and fall – offer superb conditions on the PCT. The resources below will help you plan your next trip.
Circle Trail Maps
- Prescott Circle Trail Map
- Prescott Circle Trail Grade Map
- Prescott’s Trails and Outdoor Recreation Map (Front Side)
- Prescott’s Trails and Outdoor Recreation Map (Back Side)
- 2 Day Mountain Bike Route – Option 1
- 2 Day Mountain Bike Route – Option 2
Trails and Recreation Map QR Code
Once you download the free PDF Maps App you can purchase a spatially referenced version of this map for use on a smart phone or tablet using this QR code.
Get the Trails and Recreation Map on your mobile device now!
(all proceeds go to future map releases)
Parks and Recreation Special Circle Trail Issue
Table of Contents:
- Prescott Circle Trail Completion Celebration
- History of the Prescott Circle Trail
- Prescott Circle Trail Commemorative Hike
- Yavapai Trails Association
- Many Volunteers Built the Trail
- Nearby Campgrounds, Lakes, and Fishing
Guide to the Prescott Circle Trail by Nigel Reynolds
Do you want to tackle the PCT in smaller segments? This book has you covered!
This guide can be purchased for $10 at the following locations:
- Chamber of Commerce
- Jay’s Bird Barn
In addition to the detailed maps, each segment has a description page that tell you how to drive to the trailhead, the route of that segment, and historical notes for that segment.