NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Prescott City Clerk’s Office has certified the following to run for office for the upcoming election to be held on August 29, 2017:
- Mary Beth Hrin
- Greg Mengarelli
- Jean Wilcox
- Steve Blair
- Greg Lazzell
- Constance Cantelme
- Phil Goode
- Alexa Scholl
- Joseph Viccica
Two Propositions have also been approved to be placed on the ballot:
Proposing an Extension of Alternative Expenditure Limitation for the City of Prescott
Shall the City of Prescott adopt a transaction privilege tax of three-quarters of one percent (0.75%), the revenue from which shall be dedicated to the payment of the City’s unfunded liability to the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System, taking effect on January 1, 2018, and ending the earlier of December 31, 2027, or at such time as the City’s PSPRS unfunded liability is $1.5 million or less as determined by actuarial value.
Prescott's legislative body consists of one Mayor and six City Council members who are elected at large. The Mayor serves a two-year term and Council members serve overlapping four-year terms.
Questions regarding Prescott city elections should be directed to Maureen Scott, City Clerk, at 777-1272 or email.
- 2017 Primary Election
- The City of Prescott will hold its Primary Election on August 29, 2017.
Up for election in 2017
- 3 Councilmembers
- These positions are currently held by
- Harry Oberg, Mayor
- Steve Blair, Councilman
- Gregg Lazzell, Councilman
- Jean Wilcox, Councilwoman
Two Ballot Propositions are proposed
Proposing an Extension of the Alternative Expenditure Limitation
Adopting a Transaction Privilege Tax of three-quarters of one percent (0.75%), the revenue from which shall be dedicated to the payment of the City’s unfunded liability to the Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS), taking effect n January 1, 2018, and ending the earlier of December 31, 2027, or at such a time as the City’s PSRPS unfunded liability is $1.5 million or less as determined by actuarial value.
2017 General Election – November 7, 2017
Register to vote online at:
To be eligible to vote in a City of Prescott Election:
- You must be a Prescott resident
- You must be registered to vote twenty-nine days prior to the election
Citizens interested in running for Mayor or Council may pick up a candidate packet in the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall. Completed paperwork may be submitted May 1 through May 31, 2017.
- 2015 Candidate Checklist (pdf, 44.0 kb)
- Campaign Finance Report Forms (pdf, 2045.1 kb)
- Campaign Finance Report Handbook of Instructions (pdf, 2211.7 kb)
- Financial Disclosure Statement (pdf, 469.4 kb)
- Nomination Paper (pdf, 28.3 kb)
- Nomination Petitions (pdf, 165.0 kb)
- Political Committee No Activity Statement (pdf, 321.2 kb)
- Political Committee Statement of Organization (pdf, 49.6 kb)
- Political Committee Termination Statement (pdf, 32.2 kb)
- Write-in Nomination Paper (pdf, 49.1 kb)