Special Event Licenses
The Regular Liquor License application process begins with the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses.
Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control
800 West Washington, Fifth Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Important: Special Event applications must be received by the AZ Department of Liquor Licenses and Control ten (10) days prior to the event.
The application form is available at the AZ Department of Liquor Licenses and Control.
- The City of Prescott fee per day for a Special Event Liquor license is $65.00. This amount is adjusted every July to the CPI (Consumer Price Index).
- The Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control fee is $25.00 per day.
- Please allow 60-90 days to process your application.
- Complete the application.
- Please include a diagram of the area where the Special Event Liquor License will be used.
- Turn the completed form in to the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall at 201 S. Cortez St. along with a check made out to the City of Prescott for the appropriate fee and a check made out to the AZ Department of Liquor License and Control for the appropriate fee.
- The application will be reviewed by city staff and then added to a future Council agenda for consideration. If the application is approved, the City Clerk’s Office will notify you of the application approval and will send it will be forwarded through regular mail to the AZ Department of Liquor Licenses and Control of Liquor Licenses and Control with the appropriate fee.
Note: If the Special Event is being held at an establishment that has an existing liquor license, a letter must accompany the application stating the business will suspend their liquor sales during the time of the Special Event.
Additional Note: If the Special Event is being held on City property, such as at Watson Lake Park or in the Grace Sparkes Memorial Activity Center, or it requires city personnel assistance, such as barricades or Police Officers, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 928-777-1552 first.
If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk at 928-777-1272.