Street Closure Information for Whiskey Off Road Mountain Bike Race Event April 28-30, 2023
In preparation for the Whiskey Off Road mountain bike race and festival April 28-30, 2023, the City of Prescott has released street closure information. Residents and businesses are urged to review the information, and obey all barriers and detour signs. This is a live race event, with riders moving at high speeds through downtown streets at times. Drivers in the area during the event are urged to use caution and follow all posted signs.
Street closure plans are designed to allow all impacted businesses to remain open during the event. However, customers should call ahead in case of revised hours, parking or access points. For more information contact the City of Prescott Communications Office at 928-777-1362 during regular business hours.
Attached is a map of the scheduled street closures, and a narrative overview of the closures.
Whiskey Off Road Bike Race Traffic Closure
Friday, April 28 through Sunday, April 30, 2023
The following street closures will be in effect for the Whiskey Off Road Bike Race:
Start/Finish and Expo Area
Friday, April 28 beginning at 5:00am through Sunday, April 30 until approximately at 6:00pm
- Montezuma St from Gurley St to Carleton St
- Goodwin St from Cortez St to Granite St
Set-Up Area: Friday, April 28 beginning at 12:00pm until approximately 8:00pm
- Cortez St from Union St to Goodwin St
Race Route: Friday, April 28 beginning at 3:00pm until approximately 8:00pm (races begin at 5:15pm)
- East Bound Union St from Cortez St to Alarcon St
- Alarcon St from Gurley St to Carleton St
- Carleton St from Pleasant St to Montezuma
- Goodwin St from Cortez St to Pleasant St
- Marina St from Gurley St to Carleton St
Additional Closures during Race Times: The following streets will be closed to Resident and Business Traffic Only for Rider Safety (as racers leave and return). Barricades will be moved back and forth by Law Enforcement personnel.
- McCormick from Pioneer Home to Gurley St
- Goodwin St from Granite St to Summit Ave
- Summit Ave/ Glenwood Ave from Gurley St to Park Ave.
- Park Av from Glenwood Ave to Gurley St
- Gurley St from Gail Gardner to Park Ave will have a coned bike lane
- Friday, April 28 beginning at 5:00am until approximately 8:00pm (races begin at 2pm)
- Saturday, April 29 beginning at 5:00am until approximately 5:00pm (races begin at 8am)
- Sunday, April 30 beginning at 5:00am until approximately 2:00pm (races begin at 8:30am)