The City of Prescott will be having a Spring Bulk Item Cleanup Event during the month of April 2021 to assist residential utility customers with disposal of bulky items that do not fit into a regular trash or recycle cart. Bulky items include but are not limited to large household items such as mattresses, furniture, BBQ grills, bikes, yard waste and appliances.
City crews will pass through each neighborhood one time only. Each Cleanup Week route will begin on Monday and be completed by Friday of that week, as noted in the schedule below.
|Normal Trash Collection Day||Spring Bulk Item Cleanup Week|
|Monday||March 29th thru April 2nd|
|Tuesday||April 5th thru April 9th|
|Wednesday||April 12th thru April 16th|
|Thursday||April 19th thru April 23rd|
|Friday||April 26th thru April 30th|
Place all items on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of your Spring Bulk Item Clean Up Week.
Any and all items left at or near the curb could be thrown away as part of the event collection. Please remove any items near the curb that you don’t wish to be picked up to avoid any confusion or unwanted disposal.
Annual Cleanup General Guidelines:
- All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
- Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four foot (4’) lengths and tied.
- Items must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- No Household Hazardous Wastes. For a complete list go to www.prescott-az.gov/services-safety/trash-pickup-recycling/additional-services/household-hazardous-waste/
- No tires, oil, automobile batteries or lead acid type batteries.
- No liquid paint, pesticides or other cleaners
- No contractor or demolition debris.
- No appliances containing, or which have contained, CFC’s (Freon). Must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC’s have been evacuated.
For further information, contact the City of Prescott Transfer Station at 928-777-1116, or go to www.prescott-az.gov.