- Solid Waste Admin
2800 Sundog Ranch Rd
Transfer Station Location and Hours
New Hours Started December 4th, 2023.
Transfer Station will be operating 7am to 3pm Monday through Saturdays.
The City of Prescott Transfer Station is located at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road, just north of Prescott Lakes Parkway, off Highway 89.
Hours of operation are currently from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday as of the change on December 4th, 2023. Major Holidays may affect operational hours. Please visit our Holiday Schedule page for details.
Items Accepted at the Transfer Station:
Household garbage, construction debris, brush, furniture, appliances, yard waste are accepted.
Items that are NOT accepted at the Transfer Station include: tires; propane tanks; household hazardous waste (pesticides, turpentine, etc.); paint; anything containing asbestos; appliances that contain CFC’s (Freon) unless accompanied by certificate from a licensed professional that the Freon has been evacuated; car batteries; any toxic or hazardous material.
Transfer Station Fees and Payment Types
Prices at the Transfer Station are calculated by the weight of the items disposed of.
- – Solid Waste – 82.00/ton – $20.00 minimum (Covers up to 460 lbs.)
- – Clean Brush – $65.00/ton – $15.00 minimum (Covers up to 420 lbs.)
- – Clean Inert Debris (concrete, asphalt, dirt, rock) – $35.00/ton
We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Check, and Credit Cards
Accepted Items at No Charge:
- – Used motor oil, antifreeze, and cooking oil in original container accepted at no charge for recycling from individuals (5 gallon max – per month) – no businesses
- – Electronics, such as audio visual equipment, Laptops (no batteries) and computer components, Flat Screen TVs, and monitors may be accepted for recycling inside the facility
- – Tires can be disposed of at the Yavapai County Tire Yard that is located just south of the Transfer Station. (The first 5 passenger tires per year are free.) There is a charge for additional tires or heavier tires. For more information please call Yavapai County Public Works at 928-771-3183.
Recycling dumpsters are accessible 24/7, located outside the main entrance of Transfer Station. Please visit our Recycling page for more details.
The Prescott City Code requires that any load coming into the Transfer Station be contained and covered. Visit Secure Your Load for more details.
Contact Transfer Station
For any questions regarding the Transfer Station, please call 928-777-1116.