Bulk Item Collection
- Solid Waste Admin
2800 Sundog Ranch Rd
- Solid Waste Superintendent
2800 Sundog Ranch Rd
The City of Prescott will be having a Bulk Item Cleanup Event beginning the month of August 2022 to assist residential utility customers with disposal of bulky items that do not fit into a regular trash or recycle container. Bulky items include but are not limited to large household items such as mattresses, furniture, BBQ grills, bikes, yard waste, and appliances.
City crews will pass through each neighborhood one time only. Each Cleanup Week route will begin on Monday and be completed by Friday of that week or the following, as noted in the schedule below.
|Normal Trash Collection Day||Bulk Item Cleanup Week|
|Monday||August 29th thru September 9th|
|Tuesday||September 12th thru September 16th|
|Wednesday||September 19th thru September 30th|
|Thursday||October 3rd thru October 7th|
|Friday||October 10th thru October 14th|
Place all items on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of your Bulk Item Clean Up Week.
Any and all items left at or near the curb could be thrown away as part of the event collection. Please move any items near the curb that you don’t wish to be picked up to avoid any confusion or unwanted disposal.
The Following Are Acceptable Items for Collection:
- Household Items
- BBQ Grills (no propane tanks)
- Furniture (tables, chairs, couches, mattresses, etc.)
- Leaves and small yard debris must be bagged or boxed
- Branches, limbs and large debris must be cut into four foot (4’) lengths and tied
- Appliances (those which contain or have contained, CFC’s (Freon) must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC’s have been evacuated.
The Following Items WILL NOT be collected as part of Bulk Item Clean Up Week:
- Propane Tanks
- Automobile Batteries
- Hazardous Wastes
- Concrete, blocks, brick, asphalt, stone or dirt
- No Commercial, contractor or demolition debris will be collected
- CFL and Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Drain Cleaners
- Hobby Supplies
- Oil Based Paints
- Rodent Killers
- Spray Paint
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Aerosol Cans
- Car Batteries
- Cleaners and Spot Removers
- Engine degreasers
- Insecticides, and Poisons
- NiCad Batteries
- Oven Cleaners
- Photo Chemicals and Chemistry Sets
- Rust Preventatives
- Stain, Thinners, and Strippers
Some of the items listed above are accepted at the Transfer Station located at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road if you have questions please call 928-777-1116.