Fuel Mitigation Grant
The City of Prescott has allocated $10,000 for a fuels mitigation grant to be administered by the Prescott Fire Department from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. To be considered for this grant the applicant must submit an estimate of at least $1,000 worth of mitigation work and can then apply for the $500 grant. Work done should create defensible space to include cutting or clearing of brush, trees, and the removal of ladder fuels. The work must be completed no later than June 30, 2020 and may only occur after confirmation of a grant award. These grants are first come, first serve after meeting the following requirements:
1. The property must be located in the Prescott City limits.
2. The property must be located in the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) Zone as designated by the City of Prescott.
3. The property must be located in a current Firewise Community.
4. Residents must complete the online application requirements.
5. The applicant must be the property owner or have the written permission of the property owner.
Up to 20 successful applicants will be contacted and a representative from the Fire Department will come to the site and meet with the applicant to discuss the best way to perform mitigation work on the property. The work will need to be completed prior to receiving the matching funds and only one grant will be awarded to each successful applicant.
To apply, please fill out the Fuel Mitigation Grant Application.
To submit information regarding completed work in order to receive a reimbursement, please fill out the Grant Follow-Up Form