- City of Prescott
Prevention office at 1700 Iron Springs Road, Prescott, AZ 86305 928-777-1760
- Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority
Prevention office at 8603 E. Eastridge Dr., Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 928-772-7711
- City of Prescott
Residential Burn Permit Access and Fire Danger for Jurisdictions
|Danger Level||Burn Permits Allowed?||Already have a permit?|
|High||Burning Suspended||Do not burn|
Reason for Current Burn Restriction
- Predicted winds of greater than 15MPH
- Red Flag Warning Imminent
- Stage I Fire Restrictions are in place
- Stage II Fire Restrictions are in place
This process issues burn permits, which are valid until the end of the calendar year, for addresses served by the Prescott Fire Department, Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority, Groom Creek Fire District, and Walker Fire Protection Association ONLY.
Please reference the table above to see if burn permits are being issued for your area.
- Click the Apply for Permit link above (only visible if burning is allowed) to apply for a permit.
- You will receive an email with your permit information.
- When you are ready to burn return to this page and click the Start/Stop Burn link (only visible if burning is allowed) for your area to file your permit as actively burning.
- Once the burn is completed, please mark the burn as finished by clicking the Start/Stop link again and marking the burn as stopped.
You may apply for a burn permit in one of three ways:
- Online, using our application form- links available for each area in table above.
- In person at any Fire Admin office or closest fire station.
- Groom Creek Fire District only, by calling your local Fire Admin Office, 778-6519
After normal business hours, weekends, holidays you can call Prescott Regional Communication Center at 928-445-5357.
For Questions contact your local Fire Agency:
- Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority 928-772-7711
- Prescott Fire Department 928-777-1700
- Groom Creek Fire Department 928-778-6519
- Walker Fire Protection Association 928-777-2424