Per City Code 8-9 the City of Prescott welcomes a wide variety of special events. If you would like to hold a special event within the City of Prescott, please read the Policy and Procedures Manual then print and fill out the Special Events Criteria Form below. Once your date is approved a special event application will be sent to you with all coordinating forms needed for your event. All Special Events are subject to approval by the Special Events Committee. If you have questions please call Michelle Stacy-Schroeder at (928)777-1552.
Our process has gone electronic
The City of Prescott Recreation Services Department is now ready to accept requests for 2022 Special Events. For 2022 events please follow new and updated processes and requirements.
- Event organizers will need to go to https://prescottaz.recdesk.com/Community/Home and new users must create an online account. For those that did events in 2021, please login with your credentials. NOTE: You will be able to make requests starting Monday, October 4, 2021 at 8am. If you are a new event and have not created an account, it is suggested you do that prior to Monday. Once you have created an account or logged in, click on “Facilities” followed by “Special Events”. You will see different locations for special event requests. Please select the location of your event and click on the green RESERVE button next to 2022 Special Event Request location you are requesting.
- You will navigate through the calendar and select the 1st date of your event. For instance, if your event runs Saturday and Sunday, but you need Friday for set up, Friday would be the first date. As you proceed through the system you will be asked to fill out a request form. This is similar to the Event Criteria form we used to send out. It is a basic overview of what your event will include. Here you can also annotate actual dates and time of the event, exact location and provide notes. SUBMITTING THIS FORM DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR EVENT. Once it is filled out and signed, it will be emailed to me for processing.
- Once your event request has been granted, you will receive an email from Recdesk with an invoice. The invoice will have your application fee and your deposit amounts on it. You will also be sent an email with appropriate applications and forms need for your event.
- Every event will need its own request form. If you have multiple dates/events you are requesting, you will have to submit one, check out and then enter a new one. If you try to do multiple in the same transaction, you will be timed out and have to start over.
- For events being requested for Prescott Mile High Middle School, all requests will be submitted to the PUSD Governing Board for approval
- For events being requested for the Kuebler Quarry Area, requests will also need to be made to Yavapai County Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All event requests must be submitted and received by January 14, 2022
The City Special Event Committee will review the requested dates for any potential conflicts and inform all Organizers of conditional approval or any concerns related to the dates requested by January 31, 2022. NOTE: If you are considering requesting your event to be held at Prescott Mile High Middle School in 2022, ALL requests must be received by January 14, 2022 for approval as well. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this date. All events for Mile High will be presented to the PUSD Board in March.
IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT A FORM THEN YOUR EVENT WILL BE CONSIDERED CANCELLED FOR 2022
Once the form is reviewed and approved by Council, the 2022 Special Event application and all associated forms needed for your event will be mailed to you. The completed application and forms must be turned in to the City of Prescott Recreation Services office no later than 60 days prior the start date of your event to assure time is available for review, consultation, and approval. Once your completed packet has been received and reviewed, a meeting with the Special Events Committee will be scheduled to discuss your request.
If you have any questions regarding the policies and procedures or the criteria form, please contact me at (928)777-1552 or at email@example.com
Forms and Applications
NOTE: 2022 applications will b available after January 1, 2022
- City Code for Special Event
- 2021 Special Event Application fillable
- 2021 Portable Stage Application
- Tax and Licensing: List of vendors selling items must be submitted 10 days prior to an event. Vendor Tracking Sheet
- Liquor License: Application must be submitted to City of Prescott for approval, prior to sending it to the State. Please submit a check made payable to City of Prescott for $70 per day, along with a check for Arizona State Dept. of Liquor for $25 per day Click Here
- Health Department: Event organizer must fill out the Coordinator packet if your event will have food Click Here
- Requests for the use of Mile High Middle School Field: Event organizer must fill out a usage form Here
- Business Signature form: If your event s closing a street, all businesses on said street must provide a Yes/No and a signature. You must receive 75% approval from all businesses Business Signature form
- Camping Request Form (Watson Lake Only): If your event is being held at Watson Lake and you would like to request camping click here
All applications must be submitted to Michelle Stacy-Schroeder, Recreation Manager. Please mail them to824 E. Gurley St, Prescott, AZ 86301 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions or assistance please call 928-777-1552
2021 Christmas Parade and Courthouse Lighting
The 2021 Christmas Parade and Courthouse Lighting will take place on Saturday, December 4, 2021.
The City of Prescott will be implementing enhanced security protocols and street closures for the Christmas Parade and Courthouse lighting. Some streets will remain closed longer than usual, to promote enhanced security for visitors and parade units. Below is a list of affected streets and times. Also included are street closure maps.
Here are some details:
Parade staging area streets will be closed 7am to 3pm: Christmas Parade Staging Area Closure
- Willis St from Mt. Vernon St to Montezuma St
- Cortez St, Marina St, Alarcon St, and Pleasant St from Sheldon St to Gurley St
Parade route streets will be closed 9am to 3pm: Christmas Parade Route Closures
- Cortez St from Willis St to Goodwin St
- Goodwin St from Cortez St to Montezuma St
- Montezuma St from Willis to Goodwin St
- Gurley St from Marina St to Montezuma St
Once the parade has ended, the following streets will remain closed for the Courthouse Lighting: Christmas Courthouse Lighting Closures
- Cortez St from Willis St to Goodwin St
- Gurley St from Marina St to Montezuma St
- Montezuma St from Gurley St to Goodwin St.
- Union St from Marina St to Cortez St
Streets are scheduled to reopen around 10 p.m.
|UPCOMING EVENTS LIST|
|9/4-6/2021||Faire on the Square||Courthouse|
|9/9-12/2021||Yavapai County Fair||Rodeo Grounds|
|9/17-19/2021||Prescott Pow-Wow- CANCELED||Watson Lake|
|9/18/2021||Thundercat Mountain Bike Race||Brownlow Trail|
|9/24-26/2021||Prescott Highland Games- CANCELED||Watson Lake|
|9/25/2021||Prescott Vette Sette||Cortez/Goodwin/WR|
|10/2-3/2021||Fallfest in the Park||Courthouse|
|10/2/2021||Dancing for the Stars||PMHMS Auditorium|
|10/6-9/2021||Plein Air Festival||Various Lakes|
|10/9/2021||Whiskey Row Marathon||Montezuma/ PMHMS|
|10/8-10/2021||AZ High School Cycling Race||Kuebler Quarry|
|10/13-16/2021||Big Sting Country Music Festival||Watson Lake|
|10/16/2021||Prescott 6’er Bike Race||Kuebler Quarry|
|10/22-23/2021||American Iris Society Region Mtg||Rodeo Grounds|
|10/23/2021||Prescott Wine Festival||PMHMS|
|10/23/2021||Halloween Kids 5K||Square|
|10/31/2020||Halloween- Mt. Vernon and Country Club Area|
|11/6-7/2021||Iron King Trail Run||Watson Lake|
|11/11/2021||Veterans Day Parade||Downtown|
|11/27/2021||Holiday Light Parade||Downtown|
|12/4/2021||Christmas Parade & Courthouse Lighting||Downtown|
|12/10/2021||J.S.Acker Music Night||Downtown|
|12/31/2020||Whiskey Row Boot Drop||Whiskey Row|
These applications are password protected for review by the Special Events Committee. Applications for Review