- 421 S. Virginia St.
- 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- 7:00 AM to Sunset
- No Parking Fee
Acker Park consists of approximately 80 acres of natural parkland near downtown Prescott with access from 421 S. Virginia St., Penn St./Eastwood, Autumn Breeze (in the Foothills subdivision) and S. Washington. The latter has limited parking and is best suited for walk-ins.
Acker Park has been the location for many popular and well-known geocaching sites for visitors. Additional amenities include:
- 1-mile Loop Trail; total 3.24 trail miles
- Interpretative trail signs for native plants
- Park maps and trail plant guides
- Scenic panoramic views of Prescott
- Fantastic spot to catch sunsets over Thumb Butte
- Hill-top Mountain name identification displays
- Perfect for pet walking and jogging
- Geocaching opportunities
- Treasure hunt for kids (www.friendsofackerpark.com)
- Seasonal astronomy star party gatherings
- Picnic area
- Restroom with full wrap mural depicting the history of the land, Mr. Acker and the nature to be found there
- Additional Mosaic Art Walls
- 50 seat+ Amphitheater
From 1996 until 2016, the non-profit all-volunteer group Friends of JS Acker Inc. adopted JS Acker Memorial Park in partnership with the City of Prescott. They were instrumental in working together to create improvements, amenities, fundraise, sustain and even provide maintenance for the 80 acres parks trail system improvements that are there to this day. Starting in 2020 a new neighborhood Friends of Acker Park group friendsofackerpark.com has since taken the lead in offering support with Prescott Recreational Services to ensure the continuation of care and offer various community activities for this open space trail system enjoyed by thousands each year.
If you would be interested in volunteering at Acker Park, please contact Thomas Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.