In observance of Memorial Day, Prescott Public Library’s Curbside Service will be closed on Saturday, May 23.
Prescott Public Library will reopen on Tuesday, May 26 at 10 a.m. with limited entry and services. Library entry and services will be reevaluated frequently in light of COVID-19 concerns.
Library hours are 10 am – 6pm Tuesday-Saturday.
In order to comply with social distancing:
- Only 60 people will be allowed into the library at a given time.
- Visitors will be limited to one hour to allow the maximum number of people to visit.
- In order to monitor the number of in the library, visitors must enter and exit through the Marina Street doors The South parking lot will be open, but please remember that entry will only be through the 1st floor, Marina Street doors.
- A reduced number of computers will be available to allow for adequate social distancing. Computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes per patron, per day and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Lounge chairs, study tables and study rooms will not be available at reopening.
- Meetings, programs and meeting room reservations will not be available until at least August 1.
When visiting the library, patrons are encouraged to follow the CDC and Yavapai County Community Health Services guidelines on how to protect yourself and others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when you go out in public.
- Whenever possible maintain a social distance of six feet.
- Sneeze guards will be at every service desk and library staff will wear gloves and masks.
- The library will make sanitizing wipes available in high-touch areas and staff will regularly clean frequently used surfaces.
- The library will continue a three-day quarantine of materials as they are returned to the library.
- The library is unable to accept donations at this time.
- Holds placed on materials on May 26 or later must be picked up within ten days of notification.
- Materials checked out on May 19 or later will be due in the usual 3 weeks.
- Please contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928.777.1526 with any questions about your account.
Library staff are deeply grateful for the ongoing support and cooperation of the community. With your help, the library will continue to expand services in a safe and orderly manner in the coming weeks.
Prescott Public Library brings you the discovery of ideas, the joy of reading and the power of information. Check the library’s online events calendar at www.prescottlibrary.info, or call 928.777.1526 for more information.