Scheduled Software Upgrade Impacts to Services on September 27 and 28, 2023: Please be advised that beginning at 3pm on Wednesday, September 27 and ALL DAY on Thursday, September 28 the City’s permitting software (www.prescottpermits.com) will be undergoing a scheduled upgrade and will be completely unavailable. During this time, City Staff will also be unable to perform inspections, complete reviews, or answer questions pertaining to permit or project status. We ask that customers please plan ahead by scheduling inspections, paying fees, and engaging our Permit Center services around those times. Thank you for your patience!
Community Development is excited to announce Plan Review Wednesdays!
Templated after the County’s successful initiative, plan review staff within the City of Prescott permit center will be dedicated solely to uninterrupted plan review. In order to serve our customers more expeditiously, plan reviewers for Building Safety, Planning, Fire, and Public Works will be unavailable to customers and the general public every Wednesday.
Please note: Inspections will not be impacted by this policy change, and the administrative and leadership teams will still be available for urgent issues.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the Community Development Department at 928.777.1405.
This website provides access to construction permitting, planning and zoning processing, as well as vacation rental registration services, allowing customers to complete many common processes completely online. Customers will also be able to check status, pay fees, and schedule inspections.
If you do not have a customer account for this site, please submit the following online registration form to get started:
Once staff has updated your information in our customer database, you will receive an email with your PrescottPermits.com login information. Please allow up to 2 business days to receive this email. Feel free to contact us with any questions about www.PrescottPermits.com by email.
Prescott Permits Online Instruction Library
- Video Tutorial – Online Permitting Customer Application
- Video Tutorial – Online Permitting Check Status Pay Fee and Inspections
- Tutorial Handout – How to Check Plan Review Status
- Tutorial Handout – How to Attach Resubmittals or Corrections
- Tutorial Handout – How to Schedule Any Type of Inspection
- Tutorial Handout – How to Check Inspection History
- Tutorial Handout – How to Find Permits No Longer on Your Dashboard
Permit Submittal Checklists
- Building Checklist Accessory Structures
- Building Checklist Demolition
- Building Checklist Electrical Only
- Building Checklist Fences and Walls
- Building Checklist Manufactured Structures
- Building Checklist Mechanical Only
- Building Checklist Model Plan
- Building Checklist Model Site
- Building Checklist New Commercial
- Building Checklist New Single Family Residence
- Building Checklist Photovoltaic Solar System
- Building Checklist Plumbing Only
- Building Checklist Pool and Spa
- Building Checklist Reroof Only
- Building Checklist Residential Addition or Remodel
- Building Checklist Signs
- Building Checklist Tenant Improvement
- Ges Alteration And Modification ~ Administrative
- Ges Alteration And Modification ~ Appeal
- Ges Alteration And Modification ~ Design
- Ges Alteration And Modification ~ Technical
- Grading And Drainage Only ~ Multi Site
- Grading And Drainage Only ~ New Subdivision
- Grading And Drainage Only ~ Single Site Commercial
- Grading And Drainage Only ~ Single Site Residential
- Grading Drainage And Utility Combo
- Right Of Way ~ Construction
- Right Of Way ~ License Agreement
- Right Of Way ~ Maintenance
- Right Of Way ~ Potholing
- Utility Main Line
- Water And Sewer Connection Only ~ Adwr Well Exemption Analysis
- Water And Sewer Connection Only ~ Irrigation Meter
- Water And Sewer Connection Only ~ New Sewer Service
- Water And Sewer Connection Only ~ Water Connection Outside City
- Water And Sewer Connection Only ~ Sewer Connection Outside City
- Water And Sewer Connection Only ~ New Water Service