Information regarding Trump 2020 Campaign Rally – Update 3
Monday, October 19, Prescott Regional Airport
The Trump 2020 Campaign will hold a rally on Monday, October 19 at Prescott Regional Airport. Gates open at 8 a.m., with the event officially beginning at 12 noon. For tickets and information visit the campaign website: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/events/ Times and details are subject to change without notice.
Gates open at 8 a.m. Admissions and security will be handled by the Trump Campaign. For information, go the campaign website. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/events/
The President is expected to speak at 12 Noon, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
No signs, lawn chairs, umbrellas, coolers, beverages, knives or weapons will be allowed. Details will be provided via email to registered attendees. Please be advised that seating is limited.
Water, shade areas and portable restrooms will be provided by the campaign on site.
All attendees will be temperature checked, and provided with a mask and hand sanitizer.
Event Parking, Access and Traffic Disruptions
NO vehicle parking for this event is permitted on airport property. There will be no stopping, standing, parking or camping on or along any road in the event area. Attendees must use remote parking and shuttle services.
NO overnight camping will be allowed in the airport area.
Multiple event parking locations with shuttle service have been announced:
- Potter’s House Church at 5195 N. Hwy 89, Prescott (Shuttles begin at 7:30am)
- Heights Church, 2121 Larry Caldwell Drive, Prescott (Shuttles begin at 7:30am)
- Findlay Toyota Center, Prescott Valley (Shuttles begin at 7:30am)
- Watson Lake and Pioneer Park will be used if the above lots fill, with shuttles shifting to those locations later in the morning (after 8:30am).
Beginning at 7:30am, ADA accessible buses will shuttle attendees from the parking locations to the event location. Gates will not open until 8am. Those with accessibility challenges may bring canes, walkers or other mobility devices.
For those with significant mobility issues, or health concerns: Please be advised this event will take place on unimproved terrain, and there will likely be long lines, long distance walking, and long periods of standing.
Motorists should avoid the airport area including State Route 89, and SR 89A beginning at 7 a.m., through 3 p.m. that day if possible.
Traffic near the airport will be impacted. Road closures for the event include:
- Deep Well Road (from Ruger to the Airport Terminal)
- Janine Lane (from MacCurdy to Ruger Road)
- Ruger Road (from SR 89 to Deep Well Road)
- MacCurdy (from SR 89 to Janine)
- MacCurdy at Bar Heart
- MacCurdy at Clubhouse
- Clubhouse at Wineglass
- Cirrus at Wilkinson Drive
Airline Flight and Airport Terminal Information
United Express flights to Denver, Los Angeles, and beyond are scheduled to operate normally on the event day. Passengers should plan to arrive at the airport 90 minutes prior to departure. As always, monitor United.com for updates and flight status.
Morning DEN Departure (6am) and Evening LAX Arrival (8pm): Operations as normal. Passengers may utilize the terminal parking lot.
Afternoon LAX Departures and DEN Arrival: A special airline passenger and meeter/greeter parking area will be available at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (2000 Shepherd’s Lane) for use after 12 noon on October 19. This lot can be accessed via DeepWell Road. Let them know you have a flight or are meeting an incoming passenger. No transit to the Trump event will occur from this lot.
- Departing Passenger (on outbound LAX flight): Valid boarding pass and photo ID must be presented by departing passengers to board the terminal-only shuttle at St. Lukes.
- Arriving passengers can access their vehicles currently parked in the terminal lot, or can use the terminal-only shuttle (to go to St. Luke’s) to meet their transportation. Meeter/greeters for arriving passengers must stay at St. Luke’s to meet the passenger (who will arrive on the terminal-only shuttle).
Antelope Hills North Golf Course has cancelled all tee times before 3pm on Monday, October 19. Contact the golf course to reschedule. 928-776-7888.
All US Forest Service Air Tanker operations will continue in support of the Horse Fire.
The City will also post updates on the website home page, and the City Government of Prescott, Arizona Facebook page.