In the City’s ongoing efforts to curb the impacts of COVID-19 in our community, by protecting our staff and the general public, effective Wednesday, November 25 at 8 a.m., City Hall and all City offices will be closed to the public. Essential City services such as public safety, solid waste collection and other Public Works services will continue. Appointments will be available for those in need of in-person services such as inspections. https://prescottpermits.com/etrakit/. The Utility billing drive up window service will be open on Wednesday, November 25 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., and will reopen again on Monday, November 30 following the Thanksgiving holiday.
Below is a comprehensive list of city services and how they will change. All changes will be in place until further notice, unless otherwise noted.
- City Hall Closure effective November 25, 2020
Effective Wednesday, November 25 at 8 a.m. City Hall will be closed to the public. Essential City services such as public safety, solid waste collection and water management will continue. Appointments will be available for those in need of in-person services such as inspections.
- City Boards and Commissions Meetings Virtual for Month of December
Effective immediately, all Council and Board/Commission meetings will be closed to in-person attendance by members of the public and Council and Board Members. Meetings will continue to be live streamed through various channels as they have since mid-spring. Council Meetings will be aired on Channel 64, and Facebook Live. In addition, citizens will be able to attend via Zoom by registering in advance with a link provided on the meeting agenda. The Zoom platform allows the public to join the meeting as Attendees and “raise their hand” when public comment is called during particular agenda items and discussion. Upon raising their hand, attendees will then be permitted to speak for the allotted three (3) minutes regarding the specific agenda item.
In addition to participation through Zoom, members of the public may submit comments related to items on the posted agenda through the city’s website at http://www.prescott-az.gov/…/leadersh…/speaker-request-form/ and those comments will be read at the dais by the City Clerk.
- Utility Billing Available for Payment Online or by Phone
- The Utility billing drive up window service will be open during regular City business hours- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except during holidays.
- The City is encouraging online and phone bill payment. If you have questions, or do not have access to the internet, we would be glad to assist you over the phone at 928-777-1291.
- Online service includes the ability to:
- Review your water usage
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to put in service cancellations and to ask billing questions.
- Start service at a new address
- Sign up for automatic payment of your utility bill
- Or just pay your current bill
- Community Development/Building Permits
- The Community Development Department is using a FULLY ELECTRONIC system for permitting, plan review, fire prevention services, and planning & zoning. All permit and project applications are now submitted via our online applicant portal:
This website is the City of Prescott’s new online tool for customers to apply for, monitor status, re-submit revised plans, and make payments for permits and projects. Customers are also encouraged to schedule building inspections via the portal.
The applicant portal requires an established customer login. If you don’t have a login yet, please use the following link to apply for one. Your login information will be returned within 24-48 hours. (If you need immediate assistance with this process, or any other Community Development business, please dial 928.777.1371 to speak with a team member.)
The most up-to-date information for permitting, project, plan review, and inspection processes can be found at:
Most permits are issuable through our online portal, if in ready-to-issue status and upon receipt of full payment via the portal.
In-person permit issuance continues to be by appointment only. Issuance will take place at our drive-up permit locations in the one-way alley on the east side of City Hall. Look for signage and barricades identifying appropriate parking locations. You must have an appointment prior to arriving at the drive-up issuance location. Please call 928.777.1371 to confirm your appointment.
Please use any of the following emails (based on the type of request or issue) to connect with a Community Development team member regarding your project:
You may also contact the Community Development Department at 928.777.1371 for further guidance or questions.
- Prescott Public Library
- Prescott Public Library will close to the public on Tuesday, November 24 at 6 p.m. The library will provide curbside service for holds pickup beginning Wednesday, November 25 at 10 a.m. Normal Curbside Service hours will be: Tuesday-Saturday, 10 am-6 pm. Curbside Service will be closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 in observance of Thanksgiving. Curbside service will resume Saturday, November 28 at 10 am.
- Curbside service:
Once you have been notified that your hold is ready, make a reservation at http://prescottlibrary.evanced.info/signup/calendar or call 928.777.1526 to pick up your hold. Reservations are available Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.–6 p.m. For details about picking up holds, please visit www.prescottlibrary.info/modified-library-services or call 928.777.1526.
- Information assistance continues: Library staff will be available by phone (928.777.1500) or email (email@example.com) during this time to answer account questions, help you select books and place holds, assist you with online resources, and to answer general reference questions.
- Online services 24/7:
The library’s collection of online resources is available 24/7 at www.prescottlibrary.info . Library staff deeply appreciates your patience during this time.
- Additional information:
- When picking up holds, please wear a mask and stay in your car. If you are picking up on foot or on a bike, please wait on a bench outside the library entrance.
- Items on hold for you have been quarantined for 72 hours.
- Book drops around town are open, including a book drop in the Marina Street parking lot.
- Regular loan periods remain in effect and due dates for items will appear on your checkout receipt or in your online account.
- Once you are notified about a hold being available, you will have 10 days to pick it up.
- The library will not be accepting donations of books, DVDs, etc. to the Friends of the Library Book Sale at this time.
- All critical police operations are continuing as usual. The Police lobby is closed; phone and online reporting is offered as an alternative for reporting crimes. A separate detailed press release was sent out regarding this.
- All critical Fire Department operations are continuing. All fire stations are closed to the public. Increased sanitization of trucks and surfaces inside stations has commenced and will continue.
- The Prescott Regional Communications Center has initiated actions on all E-911 calls to provide for added questioning of caller as it relates to the current COVID-19 pandemic as suggested by the CDC.
- More in-depth triaging of emergency medical service call types is taking place which is using an on-duty paramedic to provide more intense screening for those calls with symptoms that are common with COVID-19 virus. This was initiated to provide for a right sized response or in some cases ensure the wellness of our first responders.
- Public Works
All critical Public Works Divisions are operating as scheduled. The Public Works Offices are closed to visitors, please call 928-777-1130 for questions and information. Outdoor socially distanced meetings will continue in the outdoor conference space.
- Trash collection will continue as normal with the exception of the upcoming Holiday’s. The Transfer Station is open normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday through Saturday (Holiday’s excluded). Please see the City website for the schedule. http://www.prescott-az.gov/services-safety/trash-pickup-recycling/residential-service/holiday-schedule/
- All City construction projects are continuing as scheduled.
- Recreation Services/Facilities
- Playgrounds and public restrooms are open. The City is not accepting reservations for park ramadas and campgrounds. The general public is encouraged to practice social distancing and good hygiene. General public is discouraged from gatherings of 10 or more people according to CDC guidelines. Parking fees remain in place- $3 per vehicle, with Free Wednesdays.
- In addition to following the CDC guidelines, the golf course is taking extra precautionary measures, including asking people to not touch or pull the pins, no more than 6 people in the pro-shop at any time, capped the holes so people don’t have to reach in for their ball, sanitizing the carts before and after every use, and providing extra golf carts for single riders.
- City Clerk
- Notary services provided by city staff with be suspended until further notice. In our ongoing efforts to curb the impacts of COVID-19 in our community and to protect our staff and citizens, this non-essential services will be temporarily suspended.
- Commercial flights are continuing through United Express, operated by SkyWest Airlines. See United’s COVID information page at https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/covid-update.html
- The Airport is continuing to take extra cleaning precautions and United is deep cleaning between flights. Masks are strongly recommended in the terminal, and required in TSA and Airline areas.
- See the FAA’s press release to “fly healthy” this season at https://flyprescott.com/faa-federal-guidance-to-fly-healthy-this-holiday-season/
- During the holidays, airport passenger parking may be limited. All parking cannot exceed 10 days in duration. We encourage passengers to be dropped off at the terminal.
- Susie’s Skyway Restaurant remains open daily (7am – 2pm), with limited hours on Thanksgiving Day.
- Legal Department
- Effective immediately, the City of Prescott Legal Department will be closedfor all in-person business transactions. In our ongoing efforts to curb the impacts of COVID-19 in our community and to protect our staff and the general public, the City will be conducting all legal transactions electronically until further notice. All restitution payments, proof of community service, proof of counseling, and other requirements of criminal cases that are to be turned in to this Office are also deferred until further notice. The Legal Department will continue to provide high quality civil representation of the City and prosecution of criminal cases during this time. Please contact the City of Prescott Legal Department if you have any questions; either by phone at 928-777-1274 or, if your matter concerns a criminal prosecution, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources
- To assist in containing COVID-19, Human Resources offices will be closed to all visitors effective November 25. Human Resources staff will continue to provide day to day operations and services electronically. Job applicants may apply for jobs on line at HR@prescott-az.gov. Interviews and meetings will be held via Zoom. Employees and general public, please call or email with questions: 928-777-1286 or HR@precsott-az.gov.
The City of Prescott is committed to the highest possible level of customer service. For additional information regarding the City’s response to COVID-19 please visit http://www.prescott-az.gov/covid-19/.
For general information about City services, call 928-777-1100.