The City of Prescott will be providing a Bulk Item Collection Event beginning August 28 to assist residential trash customers with disposal of bulky items that do not fit in their regular trash or recycle container. Bulky items include but are not limited to large household items such as mattresses, furniture, BBQ grills, bikes and appliances. Yard waste needs to be cut down into 4-foot lengths and smaller items need to be bagged, bundled, boxed or tied.
City crews will pass through each neighborhood one time only. Each Cleanup Week route will begin on MONDAY and be completed on a Friday, as noted in the schedule below.
|Normal Trash Collection Day||Fall Bulk Item Set Out Date|
|Monday||Monday-August 28 by 6:00 am|
|Tuesday||Monday-September 11 by 6:00 am|
|Wednesday||Monday-September 18 by 6:00 am|
|Thursday||Monday-October 2 by 6:00 am|
|Friday||Monday-October 9 by 6:00 am|
Place all items on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of your Fall Bulk Item Clean Up Week.
Any and all items left at or near the curb could be thrown away as part of the event collection. Please move any items away from the curb that you don’t wish to be picked up to avoid any confusion or unwanted disposal.
Annual Cleanup General Guidelines:
- All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
- Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four foot (4’) lengths and tied.
- Items must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- No Household Hazardous Wastes.
- No tires, oil, automobile batteries or lead acid type batteries.
- No liquid paint, pesticides or other cleaners
- No contractor or demolition debris.
- No appliances containing CFCs (freon) will be accepted unless accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFCs have been evacuated.
For further information, contact the City of Prescott Solid Waste Division at 928-777-1116, or go to www.prescottrecycles.com.