The City of Prescott will host their Independence Day Fireworks on Watson Lake on Monday, July 4. The family-friendly event will begin at 3 p.m., with fireworks expected to take place around 9:00p.m. Here are important event details.
- Crews will begin closing off State Route 89 between the Willow Lake Road roundabout, and Prescott Lakes Parkway at 1 p.m., with full closure by 2 p.m., until following the fireworks show. The road will re-open as soon as the area is safe for traffic. Attached is a street closure map.
- At 9 p.m., side roads off of Willow Lake Rd will be directed for westbound turns only onto Willow Lake Rd.
- There will be a variety of family-friendly activities, including live music, water slides, inflatables, games and activities, plus a beer garden (21 and over). There will also be food vendors with a variety of options available. The 108th US Army Band will be performing during the Fireworks celebration.
- $5 general admission fee.
- $25 unlimited inflatables pass Pre-Sale (general admission included). Passes at the door will be $30.
- All general admission tickets and passes can be purchased at https://prescottevents.ticketspice.com/2022-prescott-july-4th
- All parking fees, general admission fees and wristband fees will be CASH ONLY day of the event.
- Gates will open at 2:45 p.m.for entry into the event
- Parking at Watson Lake is limited, and first come, first served, for a $20 fee. Ample handicap accessible spaces are available at the Watson Lake area, also for $20 fee. Once Watson Lake parking is full, overflow parking will be directed onto Hwy 89 within the closure area. Guests may exit their vehicles and enter the event, however all vehicles must be removed from the highway no later than 11pm. All vehicles parked on the high MUST exit south bound to Prescott Lakes Parkway
- Free parking is available at Pioneer Park, with free shuttles running to the event, between 2:45 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Shuttle service will resume back to Pioneer Park following the Fireworks show
Watson Lake Closure Information
- South (lower) boat ramp will be closed beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 3rd, due to preparations for the event.
- Watson Lake will be completely closed to the public on Monday, July 4 from 6 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., when the event opens.
- We ask that visitors kindly observe the following restrictions: No coolers, no canopies, no backpacks (open tote bags are ok), no outside liquids, no outside food or drink (with the exception of one unopened & sealed bottle of water per person is allowed), no BBQs, no animals, no firearms, no outside fireworks.
- Free Hydration Station inside the park for water refills
- Lawn chairs and umbrellas for shade are welcomed, blankets encouraged. All bags are subject to search.
- Please bring a flashlight to navigate after the fireworks show.
For more information about the Fireworks event, go to Prescott Events.