- City Clerk
201 S Cortez St
The Nomination Filing Period for the 2023 Primary Election will begin March 4, 2023 and closes on April 3, 2023.
In order to begin circulating Nomination Petitions, interested citizens must schedule a meeting with the City Clerk to review the Candidate Handbook and submit a Candidate Statement of Interest. The City Clerk’s Office will begin scheduling appointments for citizens interested in running for Prescott City Council January 3, 2023.
The mayor and councilmembers shall be qualified electors of the city one year prior to the primary election.
A qualified elector of the City is defined as a person whose name appears on the Yavapai County voter registration rolls in a precinct of the City of Prescott for the last preceding general election, or who has subsequently registered in a Prescott precinct, and is otherwise qualified.
Forms & Links for Candidates
- Candidate Statement of Interest
- Sign Free Zones – Resolution 2019-1674
- Complete City Charter
- Candidate Nomination Paper
- Candidate Nomination Petition
- Financial Disclosure Statement
- Statement of Organization
- 2021 – 2022 Campaign Finance Report
- Arizona Revised Statutes 16-901 et sec
- Arizona Revised Statute 16-1019
- Secretary of State Candidate Resources Page
- Secretary of State Campaign Finance Handbook
- SOS Campaign Contribution Limits