City Council Study Session and Voting Meeting Regarding Letter of Intent with Arizona Eco Development
Tuesday, June 9 at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
The City of Prescott will hold a Study Session to discuss the Letter of Intent (LOI) with Arizona Eco Development (AED) on Tuesday, June 9 at 1p.m. There will be a brief overview presentation, followed by public comment. The meeting will conclude prior to the 3 p.m. Voting Meeting. Attendance will be limited, due to social distancing measures, but alternate locations have been arranged for, as well as phone-in public comment, for both the 1 p.m. Study Session and the 3 p.m. Voting Meeting. Here are some ways that the public will be able to participate.
may attend as an in-person audience in the following locations where staff will
be present to collect comment cards.
- Council Chambers (50 people maximum capacity)
- City Hall Basement Conference Room (25 people max)
- Centennial Center (50 people max)
may view the meeting remotely via the City
public access channel Channel 64, or Prescott Media Center
- Should public viewing remotely wish to comment they may call: (346) 248-7799 and use Meeting ID # 894 5329 1176
- The public is reminded to only call the above referenced number if they wish to comment or ask a question regarding the LOI. Upon calling they will be placed in a “waiting room” and admitted on a first come first served basis one at a time by the City Clerk.
staff’s presentation and the floor being opened and public comment taken in the
following order (in the order received by staff):
- Comments from the Centennial Center
- Comments from the Basement Conference Room
- Comments from Council Chambers
- Comments from public calling in
- The Mayor will limit comments to a maximum of 2 minutes. The meeting will not go beyond 3 pm.
- The Voting Meeting will begin at 3 p.m. The LOI will be on the Regular Agenda, to be voted on by Council at that time. If there are members of the public who did not have an opportunity to speak during the Study Session they may do so at this time. Additionally, staff and Council will address questions stemming from comments during the Study Session during the brief presentation at the Voting Meeting.
- Should people wish to comment at any time before or after the scheduled meetings they may submit a comment via the City’s Website https://www.prescott-az.gov/city-management/leadership/speaker-request-form/
If this LOI is approved by the City Council, then it is expected that AED would submit an amended proposal. Once submitted, there will be an extensive staff review, and a series of public hearings, followed by a 60 day public comment period. The entire process is expected to take 4-5 months following the AED formal submission.
Previous AED submissions and documents can be found on the City of Prescott website at Prescott-az.gov, click on AED Annexation from the home page. Proposition 400 can be found within the City Charter, Article 1 Section 4.