Special Event Licenses
The Special Event Liquor License application process begins with downloading the application through the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control (DLLC) at the following link:
Important: Special Event applications must be received by the AZ Department of Liquor Licenses and Control AT LEAST ten (10) days prior to the event.
- The City of Prescott fee per day for a Special Event Liquor license is $67.00. This amount is adjusted every July to the CPI (Consumer Price Index).
- The Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control fee is $25.00 per day.
- Complete the application.
- Please include a diagram of the area where the Special Event Liquor License will be used.
- Turn the completed form in to the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall at 201 S. Cortez St. along with a check made out to the City of Prescott for the appropriate fee and a check made out to the DLLC for the appropriate fee.
- The application will be reviewed by city staff and then signed by the City Clerk upon approval and forwarded to the DLLC to be issued. Applicants will be contacted directly by the DLLC with a license number upon their approval.
Note: If the Special Event is being held at an establishment that has an existing liquor license, a letter must accompany the application stating the business will suspend their liquor sales during the time of the Special Event.
Additional Note: If the Special Event is being held on City property, such as at Watson Lake Park or in the Grace Sparkes Memorial Activity Center, or it requires city personnel assistance, such as barricades or Police Officers, please contact the Recreation Services Department at 928-777-1552 first.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 928-777-1272.