Bulk Item Collection Schedule 2022
The City of Prescott will be providing a Bulk Item Collection Event beginning August 29th to assist residential utility customers with disposal of bulky items that do not fit in their regular trash or recycle container. Bulky items include but are not limited to large household items such as mattresses, furniture, BBQ grills, bikes, yard waste and appliances.
City crews will pass through each neighborhood one time only. Each Cleanup Week route will begin on Monday and be completed on a Friday, as noted in the schedule below.
|Normal Trash Collection Day||Fall Bulk Item Set Out Date|
|Monday||August 29th by 6:00 am|
|Tuesday||September 12th by 6:00 am|
|Wednesday||September 19th by 6:00 am|
|Thursday||October 3rd by 6:00 am|
|Friday||October 10th by 6:00 am|
Place all items on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of your Fall Bulk Item Clean Up Week.
Any and all items left at or near the curb could be thrown away as part of the event collection. Please move any items away from the curb that you don’t wish to be picked up to avoid any confusion or unwanted disposal.
Annual Cleanup General Guidelines:
- All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
- Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four foot (4’) lengths and tied.
- Items must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- No Household Hazardous Wastes. For a complete list go to https://www.prescott-az.gov/services-safety/trash-pickup-recycling/how-do-i-dispose-of/
- No tires, oil, automobile batteries or lead acid type batteries.
- No liquid paint, pesticides or other cleaners
- No contractor or demolition debris.
- No appliances containing, or which have contained, CFC’s (Freon). Must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC’s have been evacuated.
For further information, contact the City of Prescott Solid Waste Division at 928-777-1116, or go to www.prescott-az.gov.