The City of Prescott conducts elections in odd numbered years, and the City Clerk’s Office will begin the election cycle process Monday, January 9th for the Tuesday, August 1, 2023 Primary Election.
Council Seats up for Election:
- Mayor Phil Goode (Term 2023-2025)
- Councilwoman Connie Cantelme (Short-term Seat 2023-2025)
- Councilwoman Cathey Rusing (Term 2023-2027)
- Councilman Steve Sischka (Term 2023-2027)
- Councilman Clark Tenney (Term 2023-2027)
Citizens who are interested in learning more about serving on City Council and running for office, must schedule a Candidate Meeting with the City Clerk in order to obtain a Candidate Handbook and submit a Candidate Statement of Interest before circulating Nomination Petitions.
The Nomination Filing Period for the 2023 Primary Election will begin March 4, 2023 and closes April 3, 2023. Please visit the city website Candidate Resource Page for additional information or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 928-777-1437.