WATER SMART QUICK FACTS
- Prescottwatersmart.com – http://www.gardensoft.com/ online garden gallery and plant portfolio.
- Take action to avoid frozen pipes in your home this winter. Click here for more information.
- Allowing water to run into the street or onto adjoining property is unlawful in the City of Prescott Code; Section 3-10-10. Report a violation at http://www.prescott-az.gov/services/code/
- Water Smart Program web site and credit applications: http://www.prescott-az.gov/services/water/conservation.php
- Gardening Ideas – Water Smart – Prescott Outdoor Living Garden Portfolio: http://www.prescottwatersmart.com/
Additional questions may be directed to the City of Prescott by e-mail at email@example.com or 928-777-1645.
Prevent Frozen Pipes This Winter
- Insulate to reduce exposure to outside air leaks.
- Consider draining water lines and fixtures if leaving for the season.
- Open sink cabinet doors to circulate warm air.
- Maintain interior temperatures above 55° when leaving for extended periods and have someone check your home regularly.
- Never use a blow torch or flame to thaw pipes. The use of a hot hair dryer or even a light bulb over a period of time will solve the problem.
- Begin to winterize in the late fall/early winter.
- Shut off and drain pipes to exterior spigots.
- Wrap vulnerable pipes with foam sleeves or insulation.
- Locate your customer shutoff valve so you know where it is if you have a pipe break. If you don’t have one, consider hiring a plumber to install one.
- If appropriate, consider having a qualified person install "heat tape" or "heat cable".
- If a pipe breaks and you cannot get the water turned off, call the City of Prescott Utilities service line at 928.777.1118.
- For information specific to the Prescott area, please contact a licensed plumber or building professional. Visit Yavapai County Contractors Association website.
Quick Find Links
- Water Conservation Code
- Report Violations' - Water Waste or Time of Day Violations
- Utility Service – current water and sewer rates
- AzMet - Local Weather Station – Prescott data and reports
- Conservation regional water awareness handbook
- Yavapai County Extension Service – Backyard Gardener, Firewise and Native Plants , Master Gardeners