Citizen Online Reporting
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I know if I can file a report online?
A. Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- Did this incident occur outside of the City of Prescott?
- Do you know the suspect?
- Was either your home or vehicle broken into?
- Were you physically assaulted?
- Is there evidence that could lead to the identification of a suspect?
- If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online.
Q: If I am unsure if a report can be filed in the online reporting system what should I do?
A: Call the Prescott Police Station Officer at 928-777-1988.
Q: The crime I want to report occurred 6 months ago, can I still file an online police report?
A: Yes. The statute of limitations for reporting a Misdemeanor crime is 1 year from date of occurrence.
Q: The incident occurred outside the City limits of Prescott, can I still use the online reporting system?
A: No. If the crime took place outside the City of Prescott, Please contact the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office at 928.771.3260
Q: The crime occurred at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University can I use this on-line reporting system?
A: No. Contact Campus Security at Embry Riddle University at 928.777.3333 to file a report.
Q: If I wish to make a report anonymously, can I utilize this on-line reporting system?
A: No. It is recommended that you call into dispatch at 445.3131