Protect Your Home
Your first defense against wildfire is to create and maintain a defensible space around your home. However this does not mean your landscape has to be barren. A defensible space is an area, either man-made or natural, where the vegetation is modified to slow the rate and intensity of an advancing wildfire. It also creates an area for fire suppression operations to occur and helps protect the forest from being involved should a structure fire occur.
- Chipper Criteria (pdf, 42.3 kb)
A list of do's and don'ts in preparation for the arriving chipping service.
- Defensible Space Requirements (pdf, 25.5 kb)
A guide to the requirements for creating defensible space.
- Fire Safe Checklist for Homeowners (pdf, 97.7 kb)
A fire safe checklist for homeowners.
- Fire Wise Brochure (pdf, 413.0 kb)
Your guide to creating a Fire Wise home.
- Ready, Set, Go, Wildfire Protection Plan Guide for Homeowners (pdf, 1240.1 kb)