Public Works Engineering
General Engineering Standards
The City of Prescott, Public Works Department will be holding a series of informational meetings in the fall of 2015 in order to seek comments and input on the adoption of the "General Engineering Standards". The intent of the standards is to present clear and concise direction regarding technical requirements, policies, and processes to facilitate the design and construction of City Capital Projects and private development projects that include public improvements, such as water main, sewer main, drainage, streets, etc, which will be given to the City for long-term operation and maintenance. The meetings are open to the general public, contractors, developers and engineers doing business in the City of Prescott at the following locations:
- Monday, September 14, 2015 from 5-7 p.m. at the Community Center, 1280 E Rosser St.
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 from 2-4 p.m. at the Prescott Public Library, Founders Room B, 215 E Goodwin St.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015 from 2-4 p.m. at the Prescott Police Department, Training Room, 222 S Marina St.
Comments or questions regarding the proposed General Engineering Standards are encouraged and appreciated by email or by calling 928-777-1130.
NEW FLOOD INSURANCE RATE MAPS ARE COMING IN 2016
FEMA has issued new preliminary flood insurance maps for the City of Prescott and surrounding unincorporated Yavapai County. FEMA provides a 90-day appeal period when new or revised flood elevations are proposed and when any regulatory floodway or Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) boundary or zone designations are added or modified. Before the appeal period is initiated, FEMA will publish the proposed Flood Hazard Determination (FHD) in the Federal Register and notify the community's Chief Executive Officer (Mayor) of the determination. FEMA will then publish information about the proposed FHD in a local newspaper at least twice, which will start the 90-day appeal period. The appeal period for the new maps should last until 12/31/15 and the new effective maps are anticipated on 10/6/16.
The new preliminary flood maps are available for viewing at the following websites:
Civil Engineering Standards Hierarchy of Precedence
- The City of Prescott General Engineering Requirements Manual (in progress/under construction)
- The City of Prescott's Standard Details and Specifications
- YAG 1998 Standards and Specifications
- The Uniform Standard Specifications and Details for Public Works Construction, as published by the Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG Specifications & Details) ,available on the web .
Statement of Intent with Regard to Digital Data
The City of Prescott is requiring digital CADD data for all submittals. It is the City's intent to use this base form data in-house to benefit the public by updating GIS models, City Survey Models, and As-Built Records with increased accuracy and efficiency. The City shall not release proprietary CADD format digital information in base form without the consent of the design engineer. The City shall have the right to release IMAGE files of plan set data to the public as public record information in the same way that hard copy plan files are released.
City of Prescott Detail Drawings
User accepts that the downloading, opening, and activation of these files by turning 'on' any layers or levels constitutes agreement with this release and indemnity agreement.
View full disclaimer
|Drawing Set||Microstation DGN||AutoCAD DWG/DXF||Other|
|COP Standard Details||Layers List|
|Roadway Typical Sections|| |
Plan Review Checklists
- Drainage (pdf, 99.5 kb)
- Dry Utilities (pdf, 76.5 kb)
- Grading and Retaining Walls (pdf, 85.5 kb)
- Submittals and Record Drawings (pdf, 88.0 kb)
- Traffic and Transportation (pdf, 121.0 kb)
- Traffic and Transportation (pdf, 71.5 kb)
- Wastewater (pdf, 83.5 kb)
- Water (pdf, 80.0 kb)