Welcome to the City of Prescott’s Employment page. At this time we are only accepting online applications. Our Human Resources department will be glad to assist you with any questions that you may have or to verify that your completed application has been received. For more information you can contact us via email, by phone at 928-777-1347, toll-free at 1-800-748-6205, TDD at 928-777-1100, and/or by fax at 928-777-1213.
Major benefits for a full-time regular employee:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
The amount of PTO a regular employee accrues is based on length of service.
- 40 hour employees earn 112 hours per year for 1 to 3 years of service
- 56 hour employees earn 156 hours per year for 1 to 3 years of service
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Three(3) health and dental insurance plan options to choose from
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) available
- Employer paid life insurance with additional voluntary life available
- Employer paid short term disability
- Arizona State Retirement (ASRS) and long term disability benefits
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement (PSPRS) benefits
- Social Security benefits (non-fire personnel)
Part-time regular employees:
Life insurance and reduced PTO benefits available for regular part-time employees (no health/dental insurance provided).
A pre-determined probationary period must be satisfactorily served by each employee.
When advised, reasonable accommodation will be made in order for an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability to participate in the recruitment process.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. Please visit Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) for more information.
If you are interested in volunteering for the City of Prescott please contact the department that you are interested in working with to find out what volunteer positions may be available.
For more information regarding careers with the Police and Fire Departments please review the following information:
For more information you can contact us via email, phone at 928-777-1284, toll-free at 1-800-748-6205, TDD at 928-777-1100, and/or fax at 928-777-1213.