Fire Information (928) 925-1111 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Location: 16 miles south of Prescott, AZ on the Bradshaw Ranger District (T10N, R2W, S5)
- Start Date: July 14th
- Size: Approximately 7,000 acres
- Percent Contained: 0
- Cause: Lightning
- Vegetation: Grass and Brush
- Resources Assigned: Air Attack, 2 – Airtankers, 3 – Helicopters, 6 – Hot Shot Crews, 2 – Dozers, 6 – Engines
The Cellar Fire is burning in grass and brush, but moving east/northeast into ponderosa pine west of Senator Highway (FR 52). It is being managed as a Type 3 incident, however a Type 1 Incident Management Team is expected to take command of the fire on Wednesday, July 18 at 6:00 am.
Last night, crews made good progress establishing an anchor point at the southwest corner of the fire. Today ground resources will be working on direct line construction with the use of air support. As we work on a Closure Order for the incident, we ask that folks stay off Senator Highway (FS Road 52) and County Road 177.
As a precaution Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office issued a Code Red for the community of Pine Flat. The ‘SET’ alert was issued last night by the Sheriff’s Department. There are NO evacuations currently in effect. For information on the Code Red issued please call (928) 771-3321
CLOSURES: For the safety of firefighter, emergency responders and the public, fire managers have implement the following road closures on the Bradshaw Ranger District.
The following roads have been closed:
- At the junction of Forest Road 52 and Forest Road 261 south to the junction of Forest Road 52 and Forest Road 361; following Forest Road 52 east to Crown King.
- Mayer-Bolander Road (County Road 177) is closed from the western boundary of Pine Flat west to Forest Road 52 (Senator Highway).
The public can obtain additional information via the following:
- Fire Information: (928) 925-1111
- Prescott NF Forest Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott/
- Twitter: @PrescottNF
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrescottNF/
Local Ranger Stations: Bradshaw Ranger District, (928) 443-8000; Chino Valley Ranger District (928) 777-2200; Verde Ranger District (928) 567-4121