- Fire Information (928) 925-1111 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Location: 16 miles south of Prescott, AZ on the Bradshaw Ranger District (T10N, R2W, S5)
- Start Date: July 14th
- Size: Approximately 6,450 acres
- Percent Contained: 0
- Cause: Lightning
- Vegetation: Grass and Brush
- Resources Assigned: 7 Airtankers, 4 Helicopters, 7 Hot Shot Crews, 6 Type 2 IA Crews, 2 Dozers, and 18 Engines
Last night, crews made good progress establishing an anchor point at the southwest corner of the fire and completed burn out operations along the southern edge of the fire. Today firefighters went direct along the west edge of the fire to the north. Dozers and engines continued with structure protection on 2 ranches to the west of the fire and at Palace Station to the north. Air support worked most the day on the north end of the fire keeping the fire from moving past Longfellow Ridge.
The Cellar Fire is being managed as a Type 3 incident. Sinclair’s Type 1 Incident Management Team will take command of the fire on Thursday, July 18 at 6:00 am.
As a precaution, Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office has issued a Code Red ‘SET’ for the community of Pine Flat; and a Code Red ‘READY’ for the communities of Walker, Groom Creek, Wolf Creek, Potato Patch, Indian Creek and Crown King. There are NO evacuations currently in effect. For information on the Code Red alerts issued you can visit the Sheriff’s Office Facebook page for updates or call (928) 771-3321.
CLOSURES: For the safety of firefighter, emergency responders and the public, fire managers have implement the following road closures on the Bradshaw Ranger District.
The following roads have been closed:
- At the junction of Forest Road 52 and Forest Road 261 south to the junction of Forest Road 52 and Forest Road 361; following Forest Road 52 east to Crown King.
- Mayer-Bolander Road (County Road 177) is closed from the western boundary of Pine Flat west to Forest Road 52 (Senator Highway).
The public can obtain additional information via the following:
- Fire Information: (928) 925-1111
- Prescott NF Forest Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott/
- Twitter: @PrescottNF
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrescottNF/
Local Ranger Stations: Bradshaw Ranger District, (928) 443-8000; Chino Valley Ranger District (928) 777-2200; Verde Ranger District (928) 567-4121