Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19 the Prescott Public Library will close effective Monday, March 16 at 5 p.m. and reopen with modified services (see below) on Friday, March 20 at 10 a.m. The library will remain closed until at least Monday, April 13, at which time the situation will be reevaluated. Although currently there have been no diagnosed COVID-19 cases in Yavapai County, this action is being taken as a precautionary measure because your safety and well-being is the City of Prescott’s primary concern. For additional sources of information on the ongoing COVID-19 situation the City of Prescott has gathered information sources available on the City’s web page. Thank you for your patience as we continue to monitor this situation and make decisions with an interest in keeping our community safe. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Roger Saft, Library Director
Meeting Rooms and Library Programs
- All library programs have been cancelled through Monday, April 13.
- Meeting rooms will be unavailable through April 13 and the public will not be able to make future reservations during this time. Again, watch for updates closer to April 13.
Ask a Librarian Services
Beginning Tuesday, March 17 the Ask a Librarian Desk will be available for phone calls and email to answer your questions about tax forms, Census 2020, COVID-19 updates, and your general reference questions.
Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
You will be able to access our online resources continually which include: eBooks, eMagazines, streaming video, eAudiobooks, and all kinds of information resources from our website: www.prescottlibrary.info. For most online resources you will need a library card number and a PIN. Call 928.777.1526 for assistance!
Beginning Friday, March 20, we will begin offering Curbside Service from the parking lot at the corner of Marina and Goodwin Streets.
Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
How will it work?
- Place holds online or call the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928.777.1526.
- You will be notified in the same way as if you were coming in the library (by email, text, phone, or mail).
- Bring an ID or your library card.
- Pull into any parking space in the parking lot and a staff member will greet you and ask your name.
- Staff will check out your holds and bring them to the car.
- All library materials will be sanitized or, in the case of books and magazines, quarantined for 3 days.
- Items may remain on your library account for up to a week in quarantine after being returned. (However, extended due dates will be in effect, and fines will be waived.)
Can I return books?
Yes! All book drops with the exception of the alley drive-through book drop at the library, will remain open.
- Fry’s, 3198 Willow Creek Rd
- Fry’s, 950 Fair St
- Prescott Community Center, 1280 E Rosser St
- Walmart on Gail Gardner Way
- Lowe’s, 2300 AZ-69
- Prescott Public Library, 215 East Goodwin St
When are items due?
- Any items checked out after February 18 will have an extended due date and will not incur fines during this period.
- Extended due dates will be evaluated on a weekly basis.
Will I be able to pay library fines?
We will not be accepting payment for fines during this time. Arrangements to pay for lost materials can be made by calling 928.777.1508.
May I drop off donations?
The library will not be accepting donations until further notice.
Who should I contact with questions?
Call 928.777.1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org