Date: April 30, 2020
Contact: Martha Baden, 928.777.1519 email@example.com
Re: Prescott Public Library Resumes Curbside Service May 5
With a new system that requires reservations for picking up holds, Prescott Public Library will resume curbside service on Tuesday, May 5 at 10 a.m. The library currently has thousands of items on hold for patrons. As those items become available, patrons will be notified by email, text, phone, or mail according to their library account settings. To alleviate traffic concerns and continue safe-distancing best practices, holds will be available for pickup only by reservation.
To provide pickup of holds that is safe for you and for library staff, we need your help! It’s a SNAP!
- Schedule a pickup time on our online events calendar www.prescottlibrary.info or call the library at 928.777.1500. Do not schedule a pickup time until you have been notified that your holds are ready.
- Need to bring your face mask and a piece of paper with your last name in big letters.
- Arrive no earlier than the start of your time slot and approach the library from the south on Marina Street.
- Pop your trunk or open a passenger window. Staff will place items in your car.
Hours for curbside pickup and information assistance: Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Library staff will be wearing masks and gloves, and we ask that you wear a mask and stay in your car.
- Items on hold for you have been quarantined for 72 hours.
- Consolidate trips to pick up holds, allowing us to accommodate as many patrons as possible.
- Book drops around town will be reopened, including an additional book drop at the end of the library alley, just before Goodwin Street.
- Call 928.777.1500 or use the online catalog to place holds.
- If you would prefer not to pick up your holds at this time, give us a call at 928.777.1526 and we will “suspend” them for you until a date of your choosing.
- If items are not picked up the day of your reservation, they will be checked in at the end of the day.
Prescott Public Library brings you the discovery of ideas, the joy of reading and the power of information. Check the library’s online events calendar at www.prescottlibrary.info, or call 928.777.1526 for more information.