In light of improving metrics related to COVID-19, the City of Prescott will begin re-opening and moving back toward full operation. This will be an incremental process. Below is a comprehensive list of City services and how they will change.
- Effective Monday August 24 at 8 a.m., Prescott City Hall will reopen. Additional cleaning and sanitizing will be performed during business hours and measures will be implemented to encourage social distancing. Additional clear barriers have been installed at counters to reduce risk to citizens and staff. City staff will be wearing masks in public locations of City Hall, and we ask Citizens to wear masks when inside the building, and interacting with City staff.
Boards and Commissions
- City Council Meetings will reopen to in-person audience for the August 25 meeting, with a 30 person limit. In order to attend in person, we ask that you RSVP online here: http://www.prescott-az.gov/event/council-meeting-voting-meeting/ . Registered attendees are asked to bring their email confirmation to the meeting, so that staff can check them in.
will remain available, so even if you cannot attend in person, you have the
opportunity make a public comment. Zoom
links and call-in information can be found on the Council agendas. The Zoom platform allows the public to join
the meeting as Attendees and “raise their hand” when public comment is called
during particular agenda items and discussion. Upon raising their hand,
attendees will then be permitted to speak for the allotted three (3) minutes
regarding the specific agenda item.
- In addition to participation through Zoom, members of the public may submit comments related to items on the posted agenda through the city’s website at http://www.prescott-az.gov/city-management/leadership/speaker-request-form/ and those comments will be read at the dais by the City Clerk.
- Meetings will continue to be live
streamed on the city’s website (https://prescott.12milesout.com/live-video),
Prescott Media Center (https://www.prescottmediacenter.org/videoondemand)
and on the city’s Facebook page.
- Other Commissions & Committees will conduct meetings with minimized in-person attendance by the public, keeping social distancing requirements. Zoom will also be an option in most cases. Agendas will contain Zoom links and contact information for the meetings.
- The Community Development Department front counter will remain restricted to public access and electronic submittals will continue as the preferred method of submittal. FOR SUBMITTALS: The intake and in-processing of permit applications, plan review re-submits, and other project related documentation will continue to be ELECTRONIC via our FTP (File Transfer Protocol) site (links below), for upload of PDF versions of plan sets, permit applications, site/plot plans, and any other documents required for submittal. Paper submittals are highly discouraged, as there will continue to be a mandatory 72-hour quarantine of all paper submissions, which will delay intake and review. The collection bin for paper submittals is located inside City Hall, at the the steps leading up to the Community Development lobby.
- The ELECTRONIC submittal system for permitting, plan review, engineering permits, fire plan services, and planning & zoning projects is accessible at the following links:
Planning & Zoning Projects
Please see full instructions for Electronic Submittals and use of our FTP (File Transfer Protocol) portal at:
- Use any of the following emails (based on the type of request or issue) to ask a building permit question, submit zoning inquiries, or to gain assistance from a team member with your project, permit, or plans:
- Resources to assist customers with Building, Fire, or Public Works permits, plan review re-submits, and exchange of planning project materials are available on the City’s website.
Permit applications of all types can be accessed at:
http://www.prescott-az.gov/business-development/planning/forms-and-documents/ Electronic submittals are prioritized; please read Electronic Submittal instructions carefully to avoid delays with your permit or project, and feel free to email (addresses above) with any questions. Responses to inquiries usually occur the same day submitted, but within 24 hours in any event.
Any permit deposits due will be temporarily deferred at the time of submittal; staff members will contact applicants with more information as intake of your application proceeds. Permit processing will take place by the permitting staff as usual.
PERMIT ISSUANCE will be transferred to by appointment only, and payment processing and issuance will take place at our drive-up permit location in the one-way alley on the east side of City Hall. Look for signage and barricades identifying appropriate parking locations. Please only utilize the drive-up services area if you have already scheduled an appointment, so as not to disrupt the scheduled appointment(s) of other customers. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE UTILITY BILLING DRIVE-UP WINDOW FOR PERMITTING, PLAN RE-SUBMIT, OR PLANNING APPOINTMENTS. THANK YOU!
- All critical police operations continue as normal. The Police lobby is open 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; additional sanitization and safe distancing practices have been implemented. Phone and online reporting remains an available alternative for convenience and safety of members of the community. Property and Evidence is available by appointment; to schedule call (928-777-1930 or 928-777-1931) or email email@example.com. Community outreach events will resume in the coming weeks/months, or will be held virtually.
- All critical Fire Department operations
are continuing. Fire stations will be accessible
to the public during times in which crews are in quarters. Public and
educational ride-a-longs will remain restricted for the foreseeable future.
Increased sanitization of trucks and surfaces inside stations has commenced and
- The Prescott Regional Communications Center will continue actions on all E-911 calls to provide for added questioning of caller as it relates to the current COVID-19 pandemic as suggested by the CDC.
- The practice of in-depth triaging of emergency medical service call types will be suspended and routine emergency medical dispatching protocols will determine resource selections.
- Public Works
The Public Works Offices will re-open to public access on Monday August 25, at 8:00 a.m. Please call 928-777-1130 for questions, information or an appointment. All essential services staff are operating as scheduled.
- Measures have been implemented to require the wearing of masks for citizens and staff and encourage social distancing.
- Barriers have been installed at counters to reduce risk to citizens and staff.
- Alternative methods will continue to be utilized for group meetings as needed.
- Utility Billing
- With the re- opening of the City Hall lobby and the Utility Billing customer service windows we would like to remind our customers that all of their Utility Billing business can be conducted through our website prescott-az.gov, over the phone (928-777-1291), or at our drive through. However, if you still wish to come into City Hall please maintain social distancing and follow all signs.
- All utility billing services are available through our website and we will continue to encourage our customers to conduct business through the website.
- For those who don’t have access to internet we are going to continue to provide full services including new service setup, bill payment, and turn-offs over the phone for the next 90 days.
- The City is encouraging online and phone bill payment. If you have questions, or do not have access to the internet, we would be glad to assist you over the phone at 928-777-1291
- Online service includes the ability to:
- Review your water usage
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to put in service cancellations and to ask billing questions
- Start service at a new address
- Sign up for automatic payment of your utility bill
- Or just pay your current bill
- Prescott Public Library
Prescott Public Library will reopen on Tuesday, August 25 at 10 a.m. with limited entry and services.
The library will be open to the public 10 am – 6pm Tuesday-Saturday. Curbside Service will be available 9-10 am for those who are medically fragile or uncomfortable entering the library.
Limited entry includes:
- Maximum entry of 50 people at a time.
- Visitors limited to one hour to allow the maximum number of people to visit.
- Visitors must enter and exit through the Marina Street doors. The South parking lot will be open, but please remember that entry will only be through the 1st floor, Marina Street doors.
- A reduced number of computers will be available and computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes per patron, per day.
- Face coverings strongly advised when visiting the library.
- Lounge chairs, study tables, and study rooms will not be available.
- Meetings, programs and meeting room reservations will not be available.
Limited curbside service available:
- Curbside pickup only 9-10 am, Tuesday-Saturday
- Make a reservation on our online events calendar http://www.prescottlibrary.info or call the library at 928.777.1500. Do not schedule a pickup time until you have been notified that your holds are ready.
- Bringa face covering and a full sheet of paper with your name in BIG letters.
- ***CHANGE*** of pickup location: arrive at the curb in front of the Goodwin Street entrance and display your name for library staff.
- Staff will have your items checked out, bagged, and waiting for you.
- Popyour trunk or lower a passenger window. Staff will place items in your car.
The library is taking the following precautions:
- Sneeze guards will be at every service desk and library staff will wear masks.
- The library will make sanitizing materials available in high-touch areas and staff will regularly clean frequently used surfaces.
- The library will continue a three-day quarantine of materials as they are returned to the library.
- The library is unable to accept donations at this time.
Please contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928-777-1526 with any questions about your account.
- Recreation Services/Facilities
- All special events on City property remain cancelled through the end of August. We expect to be able to re-open events on City property, including the Movies in the Moonlight, and sporting tournaments in September. For more information, contact Recreation Services at 928-777-1552.
- City Clerk
- The City Clerk’s Office will begin offering Notary Services by appointment when City Hall re-opens to the public on Monday, August 24th. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 928-777-1272 to schedule an appointment.
- Daily Commercial flights to both Denver and to Los Angeles continue via United Express, operated by SkyWest Airlines.
- Face masks: All United travelers are required to wear a face covering on board. United ticket counter representatives provide free masks, for those who do not have a mask.
- Social Distancing: The airport has floor/wall markers for passengers and customers to properly space themselves while going through security and when picking up rental cars.
- Travel Waivers and Ticket Changes: Multiple travel waivers are in place for customers wishing to change their reservations. Passengers can visit https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/notices.html or contact reservations at 1-800-864-8331 for information on ticket changes. Restrictions apply.
- Cleaning: The Airport and Airline are continuing to take extra cleaning precautions, including extra terminal cleaning and deep cleaning aircraft areas between flights, following all CDC and FAA guidelines for passenger safety.
- Construction: New terminal construction continues, with the floor being poured this week. The new roadway system allows terminal/parking access via MacCurdy, Ruger and Deep Well entrances. The project schedule has not been impacted by COVID-19 health crisis
- Restaurant Update: Susie’s SkyWay Restaurant has a full menu, daily from 6:30am – 2pm. County health guidelines are followed, including table spacing and extra cleaning.. Carry out and curbside pick-up will continue as well.
- Airport Administrative Offices: Will reopen on Monday, August 24 to the public. Meeting rooms are currently not available for public groups.
- Legal Department
- Staffing and Access: Office
staff will be in the Office Monday-Friday at a reduced capacity, gathering
mail, fielding incoming calls and providing services until Labor Day. On
September 8th, all staff will be working in the office.
- Beginning Monday August 24th, 2020 the Legal Department lobby will be open, but limited to one person at a time. Staff will continue to meet with individuals that call ahead for transactions or during prosecution functions.
- Notices and contact information are posted on the front door.
- Prosecution: The Legal Department will continue seeing criminal defendants for Pre-Trial Conferences in its 221 S. Cortez Street lobby on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. The Prosecuting Attorney is behind glass when meeting with defendants with a policy of one person in the lobby at a time. All transmissions with the defendants and the Court are done electronically when possible. Extra cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been initiated to prevent any potential spread of the COVID-19 virus. Additionally, jury trials have resumed in-person at the Court.
- Transactions: The Legal Department is still encouraging all legal transactions to be conducted electronically. All restitution payments, proof of community service, proof of counseling, and other requirements of criminal cases that are to be turned in to this office may be submitted electronically, and if electronic submission cannot be accomplished, they will be deferred or instructed otherwise.
- Services: The Legal Department will continue to provide high quality civil representation of the City, risk liability assistance, workers compensation assistance and prosecution of criminal cases during this trying time. Please contact the City of Prescott Legal Department if you have any questions; either by phone at (928) 777-1274 or, if your matter concerns a criminal prosecution, by email at email@example.com.
- Human Resources
- Effective August 24, 2020, Human Resources offices will open to the public. Measures have been implemented to encourage social distancing and face masks. Additional sanitization practices have been implemented.
- Applicants should access https://cityofprescott.applicantpro.com/jobs/ for information about City of Prescott job openings. Face to face meetings by appointment only. Phone and virtual meetings remain an available alternative for convenience and safety of members of the community and employees. Please call or email with questions 928-777-1286 or HR@prescott-az.gov.
City staff remains dedicated to providing the best customer service to our community and will be available via phone or email during regular business hours. Essential City services will continue, including public safety, trash collection, the solid waste transfer station, and water resource management. For additional information regarding the City’s response to COVID-19 please visit http://www.prescott-az.gov/covid-19/