Basic Utilities and Communications
- Electricity provided by Arizona Public Service (APS), for more information call toll-free at (800) 253-9405
- Solar Energy – The Arizona Solar Center is a non-profit organization promoting the use and utilization of solar energy in Arizona.
- Natural gas by Unisource Energy Services, 877-837-4968
- Telephone and cellular communication:
- Qwest provides telephone connections in Prescott.
- National long distance carriers are available.
- Cellular and wireless service available through several companies.
- Water, sewer and garbage collection by the City of Prescott.
- DSL and Cable modem connectivity available.
- Fire protection is provided by the City of Prescott Fire Department in cooperation with other jurisdictions.
- Prescott enjoys a “Class 4” fire protection rating from the Insurance Service Office.
- Prescott”s crime rate is one of the lowest per capita in the state.
- Enhanced 911 emergency service phone system in place.
- Estimated emergency response time is five minutes or less to any part of the City.
- City of Prescott Police Department